Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hello movie lovers!

Welcome to my movie blog!
Where anything and everything big-screen is fair game and up for discussion. From reviews and rumors to talk of remakes and sequels, it all sparks my interest.

Today was the beginning of the hunt for Oscar, every actor’s favorite gold statue and a handy paperweight for others. The 84th Annual Academy Award nominees were announced this morning and are posted on their official site. The best picture category is always the most exciting for me. And the nominees are:

My predictions haven’t been half bad over the past few years. I think it will be a race between “The Artist” and “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.” At least that’s my hope. I was thrilled to see that the best supporting actor and actress categories made room for Jonah Hill and Melissa McCarthy, two very funny, talented people who deserve to be taken seriously. You can check out all of the nominees and make your picks for each category on the Oscars website.

For now, we just have to wait until Feb. 26 to see who gives the classic, post-Oscars “It was just great to be nominated” speech, and who gets to take Oscar home.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm really surprised that "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" was nominated. The reviews I've read have been far from flattering. Did you see it? I think I'll skip the movie and read the book instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it and I thought it was good. There's always at least one surprise in nominations for one reason or another. To each their own I suppose. I always root for the underdog. I agree that reading the book is sometimes the better option.

      Delete